Indian American child dies of heat exposure

0

An Indian American child, Nishchay Patel, 3, was found unresponsive inside a minivan, outside the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Temple, in Oldham County, Kentucky.

Patel was transported to Norton Children’s Hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival, according to a WHAS11 report.

Officials say Patel died of hyperthermia from the environmental heat exposure in an enclosed minivan.

The temple has released a statement saying:

“Our congregation and members are deeply saddened by the loss of a young, bright boy who brought immense joy to his family and our congregation. We are focused on supporting his family through this tragic time, keeping them in our thoughts and daily prayers. We ask for respect and privacy to allow the family and our congregation to mourn this loss and heal through prayer.”

According to report, no charges have been filed as yet, but the investigation is ongoing.

Share

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: DESI TALK Headlines!, 115 west 30th St., New York, NY, 10001, http://www.newsindiatimes.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact