U.S. Senator Bob Menendez and the Menendez for Senate Campaign in New Jersey have named several Indian Americans to the NJ Leadership Council.
According to a press release, the Indian Americans were assigned to different councils including a Muslim council, a Progressive council and a Veterans council.
- Senator Vin Gopal of the 11thLegislative District
- Burlington County Freeholder Balvir Singh
- Hoboken Mayor Ravi Bhalla
- Passaic County Freeholder Assad Akhter
- East Orange Mayor Ted Green
- Teaneck Mayor Mohammed Hameeduddin
- Prospect Park Mayor Mohamed T. Khairullah
- Paterson Councilman Al Abdelaziz
- Edison Democrat Shariq Ahmed
- Edison Democrat Nadia Kahf
- Analia Mejia of Working Families
- 33th Legislative District Assemblyman Raj Mukherji
It is their job to ensure that the senator is re-elected on November 6.